- Posted on October 11, 2016
LaTeX workshop at Nanyang Technological University SingaporeDr. Lim Lian Tze, TeXpert at Overleaf, reaching out to the graduate students during the LaTeX workshop.
Date: 24th September 2016
Time: 10:30am – 12:30pm
Venue: Tan Chin Tuan LT, Nanyang Technological University Singapore
The session was an interactive engagement between the speaker and participants with active discussion on the following aspects in particular:
- Advantages of LaTeX as a typesetting software for scientific publications.
- Brief demonstration of all the important aspects of LaTeX (sectioning, cross-referencing, figures, tables, maths).
- Proper referencing of bibliography in scientific publications.
- Using Overleaf as a tool for multiple user collaboration and version control.
The entire programme was divided into two sessions. The first half consisted in explaining the fundamentals of LaTeX, and the various advantages LaTeX offers as compared to other word processing software. It was followed by a coffee break, where the participants also interacted with Dr. Lim for their queries. The remaining session focused on various Overleaf viz. collaboration between authors, rich text commenting in a created project, using git with Overleaf, templates in overleaf gallery and one-click submission of manuscripts.Participants during the coffee break.
The event was successful with participants participating from different schools of the university. We received positive feedback from the participants about the event. Also, there was an interest to share an NTU template in the Overleaf gallery. We are now pleased to share a template in the Overleaf gallery - it can be accessed from this link.